Hi. Thanks for visiting invest-o-matic, official home page of writer and investor Richard Beddard.
I explain how companies make money and demonstrate how to invest in them for the long-term by operating and writing about live model share portfolios:
- Share Sleuth is a hand-picked portfolio of stable companies we can trust. It was five years old in September 2014 and it's prospering by continuously reducing risk.
- Nifty Thrifty is a computer generated portfolio. It was four years old in July 2014 and it's prospering by selecting good companies at cheap prices, year in, year out.
I write most days for Interactive Investor, and I write two or three columns a month plus the occasional feature for Money Observer magazine.
All my magazine articles are stored in the library. These are a good introduction to my work:
- What investing should be about: Backing companies building our future.
- After two years the Nifty Thrifty was flailing, so I changed the program.
- As Share Sleuth enters the long-term, I take stock and plan for the future.
This interview explains how I came to be a writer and investor, what I do in a working day, and why reconciling the objectives of a writer with those of an investor is the biggest challenge I face.